Things I like about Shroud of the Avatar:
1. There's no hard skill-cap or level-cap. So every time you play, you're improving your character bit by bit.
2. No subscription model. Pay once to play.
3. Everyone has the option not to PVP.
4. Single player online mode means you can farm the whole day as much as you like, whenever you like, without worrying about people stealing your kills or your resource nodes.
5. True sandbox game like Ultima Online. You play according to your own needs and goals and do not need to follow a scripted path like World of Warcraft.
6. Classless system. All skills can be learned by everyone. You choose what skills you want to specialise in and how well you want to master it.
7. Deep and complex crafting system where you can choose what stats a weapon or piece of armor has by using different crafting materials.
8. Officially sanctioned real money trading means you can sell your virtual goods for real money to other players.